If you purchase a standard ticket from our website or from any other company you will be issued with an extra free ticket for your career when you arrive and produce any of the below documentation.
• Entitlement to Disability Living Allowance for children under 16 or Personal Independent payments for those aged 16-64, either in the form of a letter stating that the benefit has been awarded, or the actual Allowance book
• Attendance Allowance or Carer's Allowance letter of award
• Incapacity Benefit books, or a letter notifying the recipient that the benefit has been awarded
• A Blue or Orange badge, or
• In the case of visual impairment, a registration card known as the BD8 or a Certificate of Visual Impairment (CVI).
In order to ensure that all of our guests have the best possible experience at our historic attraction, we are undertaking work to enhance our lift facilities.
From the 4th June 2018, we will begin work to replace our purpose-provided lift for wheelchair users and guests who require assistance. The goal is to provide a smoother, more comfortable and more reliable lift service.
We anticipate that we will be without the use of this lift from 4th June 2018 – September 2018. As such, any guests who require a lift facility will not be able to access the attraction during this period.
We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. We are committed to inclusivity at Madame Tussauds London and this work is part of our ongoing commitment to improve the accessibility of our attraction. If you have any questions regarding this and would like to speak with one of our team about your visit then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org