Whilst we do not offer a discounted rate for disabled guests, one guest accompanying a guest with a disability/additional needs may be eligible for a free carer ticket. To be eligible, you will need to show one of the following forms of documentation on the day of your visit:
- Entitlement to Disability Living Allowance for children under 16 or DLA/Personal Independent Payments (PIP) for those aged 16-64, either in the form of a letter stating that the benefit has been awarded, or the actual Allowance book.
- Attendance Allowance or Carer's Allowance letter of award
- Incapacity Benefit books, or a letter notifying the recipient that the benefit has been awarded Incapacity Benefit, Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), Disability Students’ Allowance (DSA), or DID card (UK Disabled ID card).
- A valid Blue Badge
- In the case of visual impairment, a registration card known as the BD8 or a Certificate of Visual Impairment (CVI)
- Credibility’s Access Card with the carer/companion symbol
- An International Equivalent of the Above
Please note that carer tickets cannot be purchased on their own as we do require you to accompany a full paying visitor. If you have made a booking already and require a carer ticket, please contact our guest excellence team by live chat or phone - our opening hours and contact details can be found here.
Our trained staff will ensure that guests with disabilities are transported safely from floor to floor within our building by means of a lift which is specially designated for this purpose. For safety reasons we can only accept three wheelchair users in the building at any one time. Please book your wheelchair slot here.